Monday, February 4, 2008

Time Flies

I can't believe how fast time flies. Kyson is three weeks old. He is changing so much! I wish I could say his schedule is getting better but he likes to change that up a bit to. The little guy is unpredictable. And putting him down for his naps not so easy!! I was reading in the What To Expect in the First year book that you can't spoil them until about 6 months of age! ha haha. I guess when he wants to be held you hold him no matter what its ok. lol I am trying to be a good mom and do everything right. I want to make my child happy and independent. But he seems really attached and that isn't so bad. Well it is in the middle of the night! No he is great actually. He eats and goes to bed. He is fine. Its during the day that he will miss a nap and be so tired nothing soothes him. He is starting to hate his swings. Well starting, he does. He just wants to be near his mommy. Can I blame him? No.

It seems strange to me that its already February. I mean Valentines day is next week! What to do when you have a one month old? Kurtis says he is going to plan something nice for us here at home. I pray that night that Kyson goes down for the night easily. But having said that it probably wont happen. lol

Kurtis is leaving me to go hunting on Thursday which I am NOT happy or excited about at all. Thankfully I have a mother who will keep me company. That I am very grateful for. I honestly don't know what I would do without my mom. I don't know what I would do without Kurtis either. Huge props to single parents and young mothers. HUGE PROPS! And for those who had to jump into it. Who didn't plan on being a parent. I thought I had more patients. I thought I was going to know what I was doing and be the soother that helps make everything go away for my son. Yes he is young and we have a ways to go to get to know one another more. . . but I never saw this coming. You plan and you plan for the arrival...you never think about after he is here and once you are out of the hospital.

4 comments:

taytum said...

It'll come. I know so many women who just feel so overwhelmed at first. Not only do you want to burst into tears from sleep deprivation but just the fact that you are so in love with this little person brings on tears as well.

I think a lot of girls are excited about a baby's arrival but they don't think much past that. I on the other hand could only think about the after part and that was why I needed to wait. It still terrifies me a little. I helped with three siblings and I know the amount of work that goes into it.

I think you are going to be awesome. Don't be discouraged. You are his soother. If you weren't he wouldn't want to be held by you. Remember that we choose are parents long before we ever get here. He chose YOU!

Ashlee said...

Karissa, I'm sure you are doing great. It's hard for your baby to be seperated from that first month or so, but they are so used to being with you. They have already been with you for nine months. So they are kind of used to that and need that for the first little while. Patrick is four months and is just barely starting to like his swing. He sat in the bouncy chair most of the time. He sounds like he is being a good baby for you and that is great! I still can't wait to see him. I keep looking at these pictures and i just want to see him. He is so dang cute! Alright well thats enough for me, I would love to give more advice, but I'm not the best parent myself, but we are all trying and doing the best we can. Miss you guys!

Brianna Avery said...

Don't worry! You are doing awesome. The fact that you can still blog is a good sign! Babies don't usually get on a very reliable schedule until about three months and then by six months it is definitely set. I know it can be frustrating because I am a very schedule oriented and organized person. When they don't do it when you are anticipating it can get hard. Every day you are one step closer! That's a bummer that Kurtis is going hunting! I would be mad...and hormonal to say the least. If you need ANYTHING give me a call. I know I have crazy children but even if you just want to talk then call me! Talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

amen sister. it's a great, unexpected ride. your valentine's or any other times, will never be the same, but now there's just more to love! enjoy those moments. hang on to your baby as long as you want, no matter what the book says. you will never get those moments back. it's not like our teenage boys are going to want us to rock them to sleep because we held them "too much" when they were little. cherish these times. as you said, time flies. I love to see my babies fall asleep. It's hard for me to put them down. They've always been close to me in every way. I am so glad I'm not just their mom, but their friend. You are doing a great job Ruco!