Monday, February 25, 2008

Kyson's Schedule


Ok so I have decided that it is time to have a SET schedule. Kyson is pretty much on a 3 hour cycle and some meals I have to shorten it to 2 1/2 hours inbetween but he is pretty good. However lately he has decided that he wants to be up from 3pm until 12am. I don't know why. I don't know if its my diet, or something that I am not doing or that I AM doing. I have racked my brains out and I can't figure it out. So here we are. Now somedays (turning out to be most) He will skip the 3am feeding and let mommy sleep for siz hours. (which I love him for!) But you get the jist. This girl also put in a time for me to get exersize. Thats right...today was our first day going on a walk. We even took Klohe with us. That dog was so dead tired by the time we got back. Not very usual for her. I think she will like being walked everyday now. She has been so neglected lately.
12:00 AM Feeding
1:00 AM
2:00 AM
3:00 AM Feeding
4:00 AM
5:00 AM
6:00 AM Feeding
7:00 AM
8:00 AM
9:00 AM Feeding
10:00 AM Go for a walk
11:00 AM
12:00 PM Feeding
1:00 PM
2:00 PM
3:00 PM Feeding
4:00 PM
5:00 PM
6:00 PM Feeding

6:45 PM Bath Time
7:00 PM Bedtime Story/Song

8:00 PM
9:00 PM Feeding
10:00 PM
11:00 PM

Of course a short wake time, then naptime after each meal. That part is hard. He doesn't want a pacifier. He loves to be swaddled but its hard to not hold him until he is asleep. I try to just let him cry and cry himself to sleep but that is hard and he seems so young for that. The only place that seems to work is in his swing. Thankfully at night he will sleep good in his crib.


If anyone has advice on the best way they put there little ones down

I would love to hear it!


I am starting the nightly routine...I think it might help him distinguish naptime and bedtime. It is just hard for me sometimes. It is hard because it seems like dinner time for Kurtis and I will be so late. But I guess when Kyson starts on solids it will be good...right? Thoughts? Suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to let them go before they fall asleep. They are so cute and peaceful, I could watch them all night. I always take pics of them sleeping, but the pics don't do them justice. It's not as good as the real thing. They are so precious. Both of my kids have always had a ritual at night. Books, Bath, PJs, Scriptures, Prayer, and Music. They both have a CD player. After telling them a story, talking to them and singing them a song, I say goodnight, turn on the music (classical, lullabies, primary songs), make sure they have some light in their room and leave the door cracked open a bit...and then leave. And then take a deep breath and a sigh of relief that I survived/enjoyed another great day. Now that doesn't mean the kid will stay there all night and that your day is done, but on most nights they are out for the night. I have been doing that for the past 6 years and it's what works for me. Every baby is different. Some need a few minutes with you in the room before they relax and fall asleep, others need you to leave the room before they can unwind, relax, and fall asleep. Remember that their crying is their universal sound. It is not always hunger, dirty diaper, or attention, it is just sometimes an emotional way to unwind...I think we've all been there ourselves. Well good luck sis. You are doing great! Your baby loves you and someday soon, he will tell you that.

Heidi said...

Two things that have helped with Gentry are
1. This nifty little thing from fisher price that you put in their crib. I can't remember what it is called but it lights up, plays music, and has little birds that chirp in it. At night it projects a movie onto the ceiling. Gentry has loved this soooo much. Now at night instead of crying she will just turn it on herself and watch the birds and movie and listen to music.
2. One of those sound machines that play rain, wind, beach sounds etc. The white noise is supposed to help them sleep. We also use this for Gentry. She is a really light sleeper and this helps muffle a lot of the noise from the girls.

Every kid is different, try everything!