Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

All of our extended family went out of town. Mine went up north and Kurtis' went down south. We decided since the last trip we took with Kyson didn't go over so well that we wouldn't travel this weekend. Yes we had some dissipointed family and my dad and sister sure made me feel guilty ad sad for not being at the cabin but its hard on Kyson to be away from home. When its hard on him its even harder on Kurtis and I. So we took the time for it to just be the three of us. I must say, 3 whole days with my husband and son. I loved every minute! I don't remember the last time we spend so much time with just us three. It was great! Especially since Kurtis is going to be going out of town for 4-5 days this week. So what did we do?

Friday we watched a movie.."Never Back Down" Its actually cheaper to just buy a movie on PPV! $5. You can't get better than that! You get to cuddle up on a couch or in bed and pig out if you want. Just as we turned out the light to go to bed...Kyson woke up. We think he is teething and it just made us so happy that we didn't go up North. He wouldn't stop crying. He was up from 11:30pm until 3am. Just upset and mad at the world I guess. He still woke up the next morning at his normal 7am too!

Saturday we went to Grandpa and Grandmas to swim. It took Kyson a while to warm up to the event. We didn't expect the pool to be so cool. After we got used to the water he was his happy and jolly self. We had broughten him some toys to play with and he just starred at them, or the water. He was more interested in his sippy cup! lol Kurtis and I had some pizza. One day Kyson will be able to benefit from that! :) After swimming we just went home and played the Wii and relaxed. And of course naptime! I couldn't believe that I actually napped. I never do! But the night before left me tired.







Sunday. Church of course. Relaxing and just enjoying everyones company. Kurtis actually made HOMEMADE cookies. They were pretty darn good too! My diet was shot to heck this weekend. I really need to be more strict! For dinner since we didn't have my mothers fabulous cooking Kurtis made perfect steaks! They were delicious babe! You are a master of the grill! :-)

Monday we went shopping. Kurtis picked up two pairs of jeans and new shoes for work. I had to pick up..Babyfood. I am not buying new clothes until I am back to my old size. I PRAY that it happens. So far I am in a rut. I really just need to go to the gym for cardio. I know thats my problem. Later that night Kenny and Tiffany came over. I cooked chicken enchaladas and rice. Yum. Tiffany made Pizzuci! (spell check!) Yummy cookies and ice cream. :) We watched the season premiere of One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl. AWW! If you haven't watched it..AWW!! You will LOVE IT! Well thats about it.



Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and I can't wait to see what you did!

No comments: