Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Events


The weekend has come and gone and I am sad. It was a nice relaxing one. Friday after work, my mom, sisters and I went to BabiesRUs where we picked out the crib and changing table I will be getting. The coupon I had didn't work until today so I am going back to get it. The website doesn't have a picture up of the changing table...its black too of course and has like 6 drawers and a center cabinet with two shelves inside. I am very excited!!
<-------------
The bedding I would like is from Potterybarn. I haven't been in there yet I found the pattern online. I plan on getting roman shades and maybe a blackout shade for the one window in the room too. I think those curtains will make it all to busy. The nursery is set, now I just have to purchase these items, paint and set up the room! I think I am ahead of schedule...but I can't help it. I want to get it all put together. ----------->

This is the chair that I want. Yes its from Pottery Barn. I can't help it if I have expensive taste. I don't mean to! But it comes with a slip cover and that means easy clean. And they are some comfortable! So maybe I will get it. I hope I do! :)
<------------

Now beyond baby shopping Saturday was a day to relax for me. I sat in my pajamas all day working on my scrapbooking. Yep, I finally got my bridal shower done and my wedding. Hey its only been like two years! :) But I do need to go and make some more copies. I didn't have any of the cake or garter toss. But its mostly done. I have two books. One that I scrapped and one that I just slid pictures in with ALL the wedding pictures. So a variety is nice right? Kurtis on the other hand was working in the backyard all satruday. He was a sweetheart and got my oil changed and car washed while he went to Home Depot. He worked on the irrigation and drip line. To our complete and horrible saddness....our LOVELY bratty dog doug it up. This morning I checked on her and noticed that the wires were all ripped out of the ground. Kurtis was sure to bary everything and the little turd found it all. Its so heartbreaking, you just feel so violated by this dog that you love and you don't know what to do. You can't train her not to do something when you don't catch her in the act. And its sad to say we both thought maybe we need to get rid of her because she is going to tear up everything! But we don't want to. We just want her to be the little angel we know is in there somewhere. I don't think we could ever get rid of her. But I do know it would be FAR tempting if she does this again once the whole backyard is done. Kurtis' parents put up a tiny shock wire in there backyard and so we are going to do the same. That means....the grass will probably get dug up. But we are going to try. That is easier to fix than everything else.

Sunday was church. We went and were told of the Ward split. We are no longer in Pecan Creek 1st. We are now going to be apart of the Morning Side Ward and its at....8AM! Ya...8AM! We are not very happy about this. It was kinda sad saying goodbye to all of our little ones in our class. But its good. We are happy to be able to go back to Relief Society and Priesthood. But you know we will probably just recieve another calling.

1 comment:

Amy J said...

Did you guys change your mind on the furniture? It looks like you put in new pictures! You can never be to ahead of schedule! I'm only two weeks ahead of you, right? And we are hoping to buy the furniture this weekend and we painted the nursery last weekend! And her closet is already building a nice little wardrobe!