Monday, September 17, 2007

Cowboy Wedding Weekend

The weekend is over. Again. Its always hard to go back to work on Mondays. Kurtis and I had driven up to Cottonwood this weekend for a family wedding. His cousin finally tied the knot saturday. It was a small wedding but very cute! I think that if done right you can have a tiny simple wedding and it can be so beautiful. There is no need to spend the ridiculous amounts of $30,000 or more. Even $15,000 is alot. That can still buy you a decent car. Kurtis' cousin Mike is a cowboy. So country music was playing none stop and he, just like much of Kurtis' family was done up in cowboy get-up. It was a sight to see let me tell you. Kurtis would love to own a horse someday and show his cowboy inside but me...I'd rather not see that! :) He does look pretty sexy in those hats though. They had cute cowboy books with flowers in them for the center pieces. Christmas lights for lighting. They did a yummy BBQ for dinner. The family drank and we all danced. No fights. THANK GOODNESS! Everything was fun and smooth. Kurtis even got up and danced with me! By the end of the night my feet were swollen and hurt really bad. And sadly the pedicure that I got the day before with my friend...Kurtis has two left feet sometimes and ruined it a tiny bit. lol But thats ok. I can go and get another one in a few weeks. Ready for another Ashlee? :)
We were able to stay with our friends/cousins..Dustin, Liz and there little boy Kohl. They used to live just 5 mintues away from up but moved to Beaver Creek about a month ago. They have made such a nice house. It was very fun staying with them. No drama! :) Kurtis was playing daddy a little bit this weekend. It was hard to not just sit there and stare and see what kind of a wonderful dad he is going to be with our kids. He held Kohl and he fell asleep and then he went and got Gage (our other little cousin) and played with him and hugged him and was just being so cute! I can't wait!
We got home sometime in the afternoon yesterday and we just hung out. Relaxed and watched some Greys Anatomy! I'm obsessed I know. But I just can't help it! I think that is all to report...

2 comments:

taytum said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I love seeing Trevor with little kids! He is so big that you just don't expect him to be gentle, but when he is it is so amazing!

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Man and van Southport
Man and van Southport