Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kyson Is Here!!

Let me just start off by saying that it has been a LONG weekend, a joyous and beautiful experience. But at the same time, painful! It actually started on Thursday night. I was supposed to be induced on Friday; however, my water broke 11:30pm on Thursday. YAY! We thought that would make a shorter labor. WRONG! Oh so wrong. I was having good contractions but did not feel one of them. I was admitted by 12:30 am Friday. By 3pm I was feeling the contractions and asked for an epidural about 2 hours later. To my luck…it went out like 3 times. He had to keep injecting me. Then by 9pm he had to give me a brand spankin new epidural. I am not sure as to what times they checked me. But they were minimal because I started to run a fever and was at risk for infection. They started to give me antibiotics. So time went on. The second epidural started to fail and I was just about to say give me that c-section when she checked me and said I was a 7-8. So I powered on. By 3am Saturday I was 10centimeters and 100% effaced. YAY! BUT, my doctor was no where to be found. I started to feel the pressure and she found out when to expect him so I started to push. My mom was in the background with her eyes closed and pushing with me. She couldn’t handle seeing me in pain. Kurtis’ mom was kind enough to video tape a bit. FROM THE SIDE! He he he. We thought that my OB would be there by 4am. No show. A nurse walked in and pulled the one helping me push out of the room. Come to find out that Dr. Guzman would be another hour or so and that he was getting yelled at because she had direct orders to NOT let me push. Nice. Well she continues to have me push for another hour and a half. Tiny progress. She thought I was crowing but that is not what my OB said he got in the room. At 5:30am he checked me and was like…that is a cone of his head. You can continue to push but I would rather not. I was in SO much pain since my epi went out again I said, “I trust you get him out!” Thirty minutes later…I was wheeled into the OR and they gave me a spinal block. That was the best decision made. I was knocked out so the next thing I remember is Kurtis giving me a kiss with tears in his eyes and hearing Kyson crying. I was so out of it that I missed most of it. Then guess what….my spinal block started to go out. So he gave me morphine which only helped a tiny bit. Nice right? Just my luck! They stitched me up and sent me off to my room. Later we found that my OB had drawn a cowboy on my belly. Made me laugh! Its so cute. So now what you all are wondering…how big??

Kyson Duane Shepherd
8 pounds 13 Ounces
20 inchs long
Born at 6:24am


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

He is so dang cute!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see him!

Amy J said...

Congratulations! That's one handsome little boy! I'm sorry to hear about the complications, I'm sure it was all well worth it! Let me know if you need anything! I look forward to meeting him!

taytum said...

I'm so glad that he made it here! Hasn't it seemed like one long road? I am so happy for you guys. Keep up on the pictures. I can't wait to watch him grow!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

Congrats! I bet you are so relieved to have it over!

Mauzy Fam said...

He is so cute!! Congratulations!!

Coartney Wright said...

yeah! your baby is here!! you are such a trooper!! after you see them they make you feel like you could do it all again! so much love!! anyways congrats he is so beautiful!! or handsome i guess you would say!! ha ha i am use to all these girls!! have a great time with your baby and if you ever want to come hang out with me please do so!! we have lots of baby things over here!

Brianna Avery said...

He's such a stud! Great mix between the two of you. I'm so glad that he came out healthy and well. Let us know if you need ANYTHING! Even if you just want to get out of the house.

Heidi said...

What a handsome little guy! Has he been good for you so far? Those sleepless nights are not always fun but the older they get the more fun they become!