Wednesday, October 3, 2007

IT's My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To

Thats right hormones have set in and made even more appearences this week. I have had a few spells but not as bad as this week! Monday was my birthday and all I was doing was eating a bagel and I started to bawl! Poor Kurtis thought I was mad at him. I tried to tell him no but he has a hard time accepting the hormones. Anyways for my 22nd birthday I was more than a little spoiled by my wonderful man. Friday he took me out and we finally purchased our brand new bedroom furniture! We had been talking about it and looking everywhere and we finally got a GREAT deal. What was nice about the find, they delivered the very next day. So saturday was moving out the old and moving in the new. We got a very nice cherry finish set (2 night stands, 2 tall dressers and one long dresser) The tall dressers are different. One has a large cabinet on the side and the other has a hidden jewelry compartment on the top. Pictures will be posted soon I promise. The weekend before that he had also purchased us a new coffee table and 2 end tables. Those on the other hand wont be here until the 19th...bummer.
October 1st was a normal working day for me, but for Kurtis it was crazy. My birthday wasn't really ruined but he was so busy with work and other things that I didn't get to see him until that evening. We were woken up but our doorbell and found that without notice our landscaper decided that that was the day to start our backyard. Well Kurtis hadn't finished the pavers so they said they would do it. So he had to go pick up more pavers, take Klohe to his moms so she wouldn't be in the way, find time to actually go to work. Get his guys set up for painting my brothers home. It was nuts. All the while, me I went to work crying. :) My Father In Law sang "Yappity Birthday To You" on my cell phone and it just made me cry. How silly am I right? I was suprised that when the office sang to me that I didn't cry. Last night my In Laws took me out to dinner and the cards made me get really teary eyed, I was good and held it in.
Its day three today and they are doing the curbing, finishing the pavers and putting in the grill. Pictures will follow soon. The grass is in, all the plants and lights are in. We enjoyed the lighting last night.
I keep jumping around, anyways...Monday night (still my birthday) Kurtis took me out to dinner. We went to a resturant in Paradise Valley called Sanctuary. It was VERY fancy and romantic. The food, LOVED IT! We both had a salad and then I ordered steak and he had halibit. Fish= YUCK! The room was lite up by candles and we had a gorgeous veiw of the city lights. Thankfully no cry spells that night.
Its wednesday, almost the weekend. This weekend, Conference and Kurtis' and my 2nd Wedding Anniversary!! Kurtis has something planned for I believe Friday night...or maybe the weekend I am not entirely sure. He kinda has dropped hints. He will just have to wait and share.

1 comment:

taytum said...

My birthdays are always crappy no matter what. At least everyone made the effort for you! I get forgotten. AND at least you can get pregnant. I would totally take the horomones if I could. Hopefully next year will be better! Plus, I'll bet when your baby comes it'll be better than xmas, your bday, easter, and thanksgiving all at the same time!!!