Friday, May 8, 2009

UTAH

Utah, yep! We all packed our bags LITTERALLY Monday morning and headed to Utah. We knew Kurtis was going to be going for training but we were able to get a free ticket for me! And well Kyson was free! I am such a planner that I momentarily freaked and had to think of breakfasts for him, clean and pack all the clothes we would need. We did have a great time. Kurtis missed out on the days activities because he was in his training sessions for work. But we had the evenings together which was a blessing. I hate being away from him for long periods of time and with him gone the previous weekend it was just nice to be together.

Monday we didn't get in until 10pm Utah time. They are an hour ahead of us. Kyson slept most of the flight and slept great that night. The Marriot was AWESOME! They gave him a free blanket and his own toiletry bag full of goodies! I loved it so much Kurtis had to laugh at me because I wouldn't stop talking about it. ha ha I am such an organized freak it was something cool and sweet for me to pack his things in! Plus he got a rubber ducky, brush, combs, shampoo the whole lot!Tuesday was a fun day walking around trying to get a feel for Salt Lake. I had no idea which direction to go when I left the hotel but somehow I found Temple Square! Of course they had their usual construction but we made it to the Temple and took a few pictures. Even a nice man took one of me and Kyson. We saw two beautiful brides and Kyson was able to walk around. We of course had to stop into Deseret and see the good stuff. After that we were able to meet up with an old College Roommate of mine Amy and her precious little girl Peyton. We took the Trax to the Gateway mall and had some yummy food. They were both shy at first but about half way through lunch Peyton was sharing food and they were jabbering like crazy. It was too cute! It was great to catch up with Amy. Its sad that when she lived here we never had the time to get together and a year after our babies are born we finally had our reunion! After lunch we let the kiddos play at a water fountain. We let them run in it twice. We didn't have a change of clothes and didn't want them to get soaked. But it was fun watching them try! That night Kurtis took me and Kyson out to a yummy dinner..where else? My favorite..OLIVE GARDEN! After all that walking we also treated ourselves to a yummy ice cream from Dariy Queen. Then it was off to the hotel. Honestly...the City scares me! So many bums!! I am definately NOT the city type!!


Wednesday Kurtis was in training again so I took Kyson to the Discovery. Its a funny hands on kinda playhouse and museum for kids. HE LOVED IT! He loved being around all the kids and watching them and then playing himself. Money well spent. We would have gone back but I was soo tired from all the walking and Kyson didn't sleep well that night before. So we went back to the hotel and waited for Kurtis. We ate yummy Chinese (well it was ok) then headed to Temple Square again. Kurtis wanted to see the old Conference Center and we found out that you could tour the new one! It was crazy the difference. When we went to the old one they did a demonstration with the acustics. It is amazing how smart they were when they built it. You could hear a pin drop with NO micraphone!! Amazing. Then new one was amazing as well. All the detail and art work. The view from the top was amazing!! We also went to the Church History Museum that I didn't know exisited. Kyson had a great time in there because they had an area especially for kids they they can act out the Nativity or play with babies or blocks to build their own Temple. Anything you could imagine with Church involved. It was a great night!


Thursday was a slow day. We stayed in mostly so that I could ensure a good nap for Kyson before our Journey back. I have to say that I am thankful for this trip. It was a blessing to be able to go with my husband and not be away from him. It was a neat experience going to the Salt Lake Temple and seeing all the history. I take for granted that I have a Temple so close that I rarely go to. That needs to change for sure.



It sure is GREAT TO BE HOME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Sometimes, I love when things, and trips just pop up, so I don't have to spend all the time worrying about packing, and making sure I pack everything I need! I hate all the long term stress! I do have to say Kyson is a tank, I love his chubby cheeks, especially when he's lounging in his stroller!

Heidi said...

Sorry we missed you. I am still trying to get my life to some form of normalcy. I don't take my babies out until they are about 5 to 6 weeks old. Next time you are here we will have to go to dinner.

Ashlee said...

Dont you love the Marriott? I've only stayed there once, but Adams family, thats the only place they will stay!

Anonymous said...

YAY for Olive Garden! We love that place too. I'm totally laughing at you and your hate for the city. P.S. SLC is not that big of a city! ha ha