Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just Like Daddy....

. . . but in this case we wish he wasn't.

Yesterday I finally took Kyson into the Doctor because he has had this horrible cough ONLY at night that sometimes wakes him up. Other times he isn't bad but it has been going on for far to long! So I take him in. Now Kurtis has Asthma. So that was one of our fears...but we also though it could be Allergies...Ear Infection or Sinus Infection. Well it looks like it MIGHT be Asthma. I say might because we are trying these breathing treatments out for 2-4 weeks. After that time we should know more. In two weeks if he doesn't get better we have to take him in for a chest
X-Ray if at 2 weeks he is better then we continue treatment for another 2 weeks and then schedule a follow up. We are PRAYING that he doesn't have Asthma. Kurtis has to deal with it and hated that it held him back in sports. Not fun.

On the plus side...my Doctor was telling me how her son had a cough for sometime and it just went away. He had some bug that made him cough. FINGERS CROSSED! Also she was telling me to expect screaming and an unhappy baby during his treatment but NOPE my kid took it like a champ!! What a blessing that was!! We gave him fruit snacks and heck he thought the thing was a fun toy to put in his mouth! It vibrates so it must feel good on his gums. Not one tear was shed last night. Boy am I thankful for that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a good boy. let's hope it's just a passing bug. so am i going to have to do that for him this weekend?

The Godoy's said...

he looks so cute doing the breathing treatment..I hope its not asthma!

Unknown said...

Awe, what a sweetie. I hope it goes away on it's own! Fingers crossed for you. :)

The Riding Family said...

My nephew had to take breathing treatments and screamed so much that he would actually fall asleep after 10 minutes of the treatments. Glad to see Kyson isn't having any problems with it.