Thursday, June 19, 2008

Costa Rica

Our Adventure started on June 7th at 3am in the morning. We left Kyson with Kurtis' parents. They watched him at our house to make him more comfortable. We were on the plane by 5am and on our way to Houston for our connecting flight. Let me just tell you that traveling with a pump was the best thing because I would have EXPLODED! We landed in Costa Rica around 4pm there time which is 2pm here. It was raining and humid. But beautiful! We had to take a 2 hour bus ride to our Hotel. Can I just tell you that I am glad we did this in daylight? That road was NARROW and CRAZY! We had to go up a HUGE mountain and then back around it and all over the place. In HORRIBLE weather. To our excitement while crossing a bridge we saw crocidiles. Which is why I have a huge bruse on my right thigh. I got so excited I missed the step and hit my thigh on Kurtis' armrest. That night Kurtis and I checked in, walked around the hotel, ate, had ourselves a Pina Colada and then went to bed.

The next morning we had some yummy room service and got up when we wanted to. Around 10am we called the front desk to get my brothers room number. Dustin and Amy came on the trip as well. They took a later flight. So we met up at the pool. We had the whole day to kill so we decided to go to town. In Paco we ate, shopped and watched some kind of a parade they had going on. Some were dressed up as what I can descride as future power rangers. And some a more traditional spanish costume I suppose? Even though they are Costarican. Anyways it was WAY to hot and humid to stick around longer. The weather was draining us since we aren't used to it being so humid. We had to get back for a dinner party with Aetna. Everynight was another dinner party. This one was at our hotel. Some of the food was good and some not so much. No perfect desserts but some tasty.

Our second day there was an adventure. Kurtis talked me into going Ziplining. Let me just tell you I was soooo nerous! The first run I wouldn't break eyes with the man at the next sdtation. But after that I tried to enjoy the view. You never knew how high you were because you were seeing the tops of the trees in the jungle. We did get to see some wild life. We saw Spider Monkies and a HUGE spider. Oh and Ants the size of Bees! It was amazing and I would definately do it again! After that..Pool Time! We were all so hungry that we went to the bar and got nachos and PINA COLADAS! Dinner that night was at a 5 star resort that only has 8 bedrooms. It was amazing! The Chef gave us a tour of some of the rooms. Each room had its own theme and its own hot tub. Very fancy rooms.

Our third day there we went horseback riding. Dustin and Kurtis were in Heaven. They are "closet" cowboys. If I let Kurtis he would wear wranglers and cowboy boots! Amy was excited to go and I on the other hand yet again, Nervous! I hadn't been on a horse since I was about 10 and even then I almost got bucked off. My horse was great. At first I was even more scared because he pranced to the front of the group so for the first 20mins or so I was up at the front without Kurtis, Amy or Dustin. Kurtis' horse was LAZY! He was always last. Just before our break Amys horse got into trouble. He had been niping at any passing horse but then all of a sudden he reared up and kicked a passing horse and the passanger in the ankle. Poor girl. But she was ok. So Amy and her horse were in timeout and had to be last in line. We stopped had some water and a banana and then went on our way. We were so hot that we went to the pool as soon as we got back. Another Pina Colada please!! The dinner that night was out in the middle of the Jungle.

The next day Kurtis and I slept in. It was our last night or good rest before coming home to our precious little man. We ate breakfast and packed and walked around the hotel. We had to be on the bus by 11am. We had so much fun there with Dustin and Amy and we hope that we all can make it to the next Aetna trip in Aspen!

4 comments:

Amy J said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That's good you got to take a vacation and get away!

taytum said...

I am so jealous of your vacation! It sounds wonderful. I can't believe you left your baby....that's good! I bet your in-laws loved the one on one time they got!

Anonymous said...

cute pics Ruco! what a fun adventure that was! you can have the giant spiders. I think you were riding donkeys....fun stories. always good to come home to the baby.

dustin and amy said...

We had a great time with you guys! Maybe next year it's Aspen here we come???? That would be a blast! We are back from my reunion so I can get you those zip line pics!