Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Rollercoaster of Life

As August is ending I thought that I would reflect on the past month. It sure has been an interesting roller coaster of emotions. Sadness, happiness...oh you name it. It started off well. Nothing bad or even really exciting to report except we knew the date that we would find out what we were having. August 16th was the big day. But the Monday before the appointment we got news that Kriquettes mom died. (Kurtis' Step Grandma) She had been battling pancreotic cancer for the past 9months. So we knew that the time was coming close but it still didn't make it easy. So the funeral was set for the 17th.

Bright and early at 9:40am (ok early to me) lol we had the appointment. As soon as the tech put the ultrasound instrument on my belly (after asking us if we wanted to know of course) their was no hiding what we were having. I looked at the tv and blurted out..... IT'S A BOY! Oh yes was it ever! :) Kurtis didn't realize the tv was behind him and he was like, "How do you know!" I said I can see it and then he was like OH! He liked the bigger tv. :) They checked him all out. Everything looks good. They said he is in the ninetieth percentile. We of course didn't know what that meant but I hear he's BIG! :) Yay me right? Aw! No over whelming tears came. But we both were all smiles and had tears in our eyes.

We had planned on telling everybody in person. But Kurtis' mom was in California so we called her and she wouldn't let us off the phone until we told her. So Grandma, and Great Grandma knew. I had to get to work so Kurtis followed me there. My mom was all smiles and was like TELL ME! So I made her call my dad and we told them it was a boy. Sadly my mom was like AW I wanted a girl! But what can you do? She is still very excited. She is just like me...no dresses now...we are dressing a stud! :) So we spread the word around the office and to all those family members that we could and everyone was very excited! I have done some shopping. Just clothes though. I hit some sales! :) I just had to buy something! I know what bedding I want, but beyond that we haven't gone in to BabiesRUs and that is where we plan to register. Pottery Barn Kids may be nice, but I wont be registering there.

Our next bump was Kurtis' Great Aunt Sue. She is in her 50's right now and being that she has downsyndrome they say her body is really in the 80's. She is completely dependent and has been that way for the past two years. She used to live in Arizona and she was just so much fun. Loveable and full of smiles. I remember giving her maps and pictures to look at and she would just love me for it. Look at me and say, "I LIKE YOU!" She was just so sweet. She has been such a big part of Kurtis' families life that this is going to be a rough time. Very hard. She is in ICU on just morphine right now. They thought since her kidneys failed that she woud only be a few more hours but she is full spirit and such a strong person she is still with us.

2007 has been full of heartache and trama it seems. Car accidents and more. It just is unreal. I am ready for 2008!

No comments: